How to enter weekly pricing for property only available by the week

How to enter weekly pricing for property only available by the week

My cottage is available all year, but for rentals of weekly duration only (up to 4 weeks total). I do not offer single nights, only full weeks. I know what price I want to charge per week, and this varies according to time of year. I have entered the weekly rates into the custom calendar, but these rates are not showing on my listing. It is still listing my base nightly rate as £280 per night (my most expensive nightly rate for August & Chistmas / New Year.  How can I get rid of this £280 per night and instead display the weekly rates please? I have searched the help pages but cannot find this info. 

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Youre £280 a night is mentioned on every day in the calender (I checked only next few months). As soon people book, they see it change to £143,- and then calculated, according to min. stay of 7 nights, to £1000,- a week. (Not in the Chrismas period, then it's doubling the prices). You can set fixed prices for specific weeks, but they are from Monday to Monday. You can set specific rules in certain periods (start day, lenght of stay etc..). But Airbnb initially is displaying a price per night, not per week.

Best regards,Emiel

Hi Emiel

Thanks very much for replying to my post!

How can I get rid of the £280 per night which is currently showing? No-one will even look at my listing with this rate.

Is there a way of getting my listing to state "From £143 per night"? This is the correct nightly rate for this time of year.

With best wishes, Cindy

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi Cindy,

I think you should start your pricing considering the most average situation. Which is the 143,- a night ? With min. stay set to 7 nights and max. stay set to 28 nights. For special periods you can setup the higher price, on those days or as weekly rates for specific weeks.  If this is only for a few holiday periods, i think setting the higher price per night "hardcoded" on those limited days in the calender will do the job. I think (but not sure!) your listing will then show initially potential guests the 143,- price per night. Sometimes you have to experiment.

Maybe you would also like to offer guests a monthly discount if the book 4 weeks ? Or maybe you want them check-in only on certain days ? It is all possible.

But allways simulate a booking on your own listing, to check what a guest is offered is right, by simple using the example of your listing, or goto: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/21750128 . If it's not showing the prices which you expect, do some more tuning until your a satisfied.

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Hi Emiel

Thanks again for your kind response, it is much appreciated. I will do everything you have suggested and hopefully will get it right in the end! One last question - what do you mean by "hardcoded"? Thanks again, Cindy

@Cindy241

Set your base price so that your average weekly (length of stay prices) reflects what you want to normally charge for 1 week.

Then for days that need special rates, go to the calendar and manually click and change the per night rate. (higher or lower as needed) Just make sure you update well in advance.

Even if you accept weekly bookings only, the price shown will always be a per night rate. In my case, I accept long-term bookings only during the semester (usually 4 months, min stay requirement is 110 days LOL!) but I still have a per night rate.

Hi Jessica and Henry

Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, this is helpful information about weekly rentals and hopefully I will eventually get my listing right. It's very daunting when starting from scratch!

Thanks again, Cindy