Hurricane Harvey

Answered!
Phyllis29
Level 3
Dallas, TX

Hurricane Harvey

Hi

I posted this in Hosting but just found this help forum, so please excuse the double post.

Hi all

I am trying to host for free for evacuees, but there are ZERO instructions on the website. I have hosted in the past, but had my room unlisted. I clicked on the link for hosting for free, and it was just a regular listing form. I went ahead and filled it out, in case just the click-through made it show up for evacuees, but it says I have only filled it out 14% even though I have completely filled it out several times.

I then decided since that didn't work to just relist my current room for evacuees, but have no idea if it will show up for them as free. I tried changing the nightly price to zero, but the website wouldn't let me do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phyllis

1 Best Answer
Phyllis29
Level 3
Dallas, TX

Update- I read in another post that they respond faster on Twitter so contacted them there, and they seem to realize now they have a problem.

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12

Would like to know as well, my husband just told me about it and our guest house is open this weekend. 

I emailed help and they were absolutely no help at all. I told him I have tried several times to create a listing using the link for evacuees, and it will never show completed, and he just keeps repeating to use the link, WHICH I DID. Their support is useless.

Thank you!

Danielle233
Level 1
Baytown, TX

I would like to know as well. We live about 600 yards from the Bay (Galveston and Houston area) and the rain is continuous until next Tuesday or Wednesday.  Please provide a useable link for easy access to. 

Danielle233
Level 1
Baytown, TX

See if this link works for you.  I came across it while searching for more info on it.  Good luck
Let me know if it works or not. thanks
https://www.airbnb.com/disaster/hurricaneharveyevacuees

That's the one I used. No matter how many times I tried it shows as only 14% completed. I think they have a problem with the website- I saw another post about a new listing with the same result. I wish they would take this seriously and do something about it.

Phyllis29
Level 3
Dallas, TX

Update- I read in another post that they respond faster on Twitter so contacted them there, and they seem to realize now they have a problem.

Any0
Level 2
Camp Wood, TX

Marda0
Level 1
Hunt, TX

Hi Phyllis, I am a host in Rockport, Texas -- very disappointed in Airbnb's lack of response to this disaster in all possible ways.

I know of people from Rockport who have lost their homes and almost everything in them (photos in plastic tubs were saved). If you have a place available, near Rockport, please let me know. The most pressing need is for our housekeeper, who is a kind, hard-working person. Her house was completely destroyed by Harvey. I have offered my place to her, but there is water damage there, and there will be no power for an indeterminate amount of time. She will have work in Rockport, but nowhere to live.

Thank you for trying to make this work!

Marda Tayloe

Birdsong on the Bay

Lilly66
Level 2
Baton Rouge, LA

I appreciate the community offering to help. My question is different. I am in Gulfport and host a relatively new property,  mine, and it may or may not be hurricane hit. Oddly, my group from Georgia still expect to come to my house  to ride out storm. Initially I was ok, but am concerned. Any constructive thoughts?