I cancelled for my injured guests and now dates are blocked

Thijs11
Level 1
Haarlem, Netherlands

I cancelled for my injured guests and now dates are blocked

I would like to partially unblock these dates. (14 to 21st of June)

Best Roland

3 Replies 3
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Thijs11if you declined an inquiry just select the dates and klick "available" and you can make them all available not just part, and you shouldn't block dates for inquiries anyway. If you canceled a reservation the dates will remain blocked and you can't unblock them. If you had a valid reason for canceling maybe if you contact Airbnb they will unblock them.

Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Thijs11 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/i-m-a-host--what-penalties-apply-if-i-need-to-cancel-a-reser...

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

@Thijs11  

Rule #1  never, ever cancel a guest, even at their request,  you will always be penalized including having the dates blocked etc.  And never click 'yes' if you get an email from Arbnb asking you if you agree to cancel, it is interpreted as you canceling and you will be penalized. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/990/i-m-a-host--what-penalties-apply-if-i-need-to-cancel-a-reser...

I suggest you call Airbnb and see if they will reverse the blocked dates and all other penalties associated with cancelations, it being a rookie mistake. Would be good if you have some documentation from the guests stating their wish to cancel and asking you to cancel because of an injury.

For future tell the guest to cancel their end, with documentation they can claim extenuating circumstances. Good luck!

If this is the canceled reservation (see screengrab) it is on your review page, and if Airbnb will not delete it,  you can respond to it saying the guests asked you to cancel because of an injury, so that future guests do not think you are in the habit of doing this.

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 12.04.53 PM.png