I just sent this same email to Airbnb support - I am at my wits end

Bar2
Level 2
New York, United States

I just sent this same email to Airbnb support - I am at my wits end

Airbnb customer service has been absolutely atrocious.

I just got off the phone after being on hold for OVER an hour with Airbnb support. Finally a supervisor told me that they could not help with anything experience related and that she would have to file a ticket and hope they got back to me.

She also told me she COULDNT transfer me to experience customer support, and that there was NO direct number.

I currently have three concurrent issues I have been trying to deal with with customer support, and none of them are moving forward.

1) I want to put up more pictures on my current experience, but anything with alcohol keeps getting deleted and rejected, even tho I was told it was ok to have alcohol in the pictures since it is an experience based around alcohol.

2) I keep getting harassing phone calls and messages from someone who was supposed to go on my experience but was an hour and a half late. I called the airbnb emergency line the other nite to get this dealt with - ticket [Reservation number hidden as per the community guidelines] 
was made but noone has YET gotten back to me. I am still receiving text messages from this man.

3) I submitted a second experience several weeks ago, which has NEARLY identical copy to our currently live experience (which has 17 5 star reviews as i type this. The new experience was rejected saying it 'wasnt up to airbnbs standards'. Seriously, no other reason than that. I contacted Airbnb to ask them why, and they said it might be the About Me section. I updated that section and emailed them back, and they said i had to resubmit from scratch! It takes ages to resubmit from scratch, and they were so vague about why it was turned down to begin with that I am very nervous to spend all that time to get turned down again with no reason. I sent an email stating this, FIVE days ago, and no reply.

At this point I don't know what to do. I am not taken seriously regardless if it's a small issue, or if I'm receiving harassing messages.

Please advise

4 Replies 4
Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

That's no fun. I have used the help feature in my profile and been very successful. I have requested a call back, texted via tge inbox on app, and made a direct phone call without problems. The texting did take several days but got the issue resolved. Patience is required, but it always seems to pay off. Good luck, hope you get an understanding human on the line soon. image.png

Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

@Airbnb hopefully all hosts are treated as well as I was

Andreea30
Level 2
Bucharest, Romania

Hey, my opinion is that you should block the person who is sending you harassing messages or if is that serious..idk file a police claim. If you felt your issue was not suppored, call again. Maybe the next person will more professional. There's not too much airbnb support can do about that..it happens everywhere. I am a teacher and I posted my add on a site and a lot of stupids are sending me irrelevant messages. What can I do? what the support center can do for me?

Bar2
Level 2
New York, United States

The fact is, is that there is NO WAY to contact support for experiences directly.  If you call in they cant even get ahold of them.  It can take upwards of EIGHT DAYS for them to get back to you by mail.  I am at my wits ends and wondering if it's even worth doing experiences anymore.  They take 20% of each experience you do, and provide no support.