Indicating gender if no photo is available

Guillauma0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Indicating gender if no photo is available

I have had a few incidents where I accepted a guest based on their name, i.e Steph (I thought it was a lady, but it turned out to be a male!) I often have requests from people whose name I am not familiar with. (Ifeoma, Jules etc)  I have read that Airbnb does not post or require guest to post photo until after they booked and confirmed.

My problem is that I have shared rooms and need to place same genders together.

How can this be addressed? I feel embaressed to ask what gender they are, especially because it could seem like I prefer to book in one gender above the other.

Is there a way that Airbnb can show the gender of the person with the first enquiry?

Thank you

Guillauma

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Guillauma0

interesting... I googled those two names (Ifeoma and Jules) and in contrary to what I thought, Ifeoma is boy's and Jules is girl's name 🙂

I am afraid you will have to ask each guest for a gender my dear... because Airbnb likes to make simple things very complicated 🙂

I just thought other people might also have problems with that. My guests were exactly opposite to what you thought, Ifeoma is a girl and Jules is a guy!!

Anyway, it is not really a huge problem, just think it is rude to ask what gender a person is!!!

I have not been on Airbnb too long, but have had immediate and satisfactory responses from them every time I had a query.

Thanks so much for your reply.