Inquiry regarding a rental application of a daughter for her mother?

Christiane7
Level 1
Paris, France

Inquiry regarding a rental application of a daughter for her mother?

Hello everyone,

I need your advice, I host, I have a rental application from a young woman to her mother.
This is the first time I have this case, and I wonder if there is not a risk to French law, the insurance Airbnb and for my rental rights because it is not the mother who requests it personally.

Could someone advise me about it or share my experience.

Best regards.

Christiane

3 Replies 3
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

Christiane, AirBnB does not condone third-party bookings. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member

There are several reasons for this, one being that the person who made the reservation is held to be responsible for any guest-related damages that might occur during the  visit.

Perhaps - as suggested in the link - you could ask the daughter to help her mother register with AirBnB so that she can make her own reservation. 

I hope other - more experienced - hosts will respond to your question, and with specific details about third-party-booking risks. 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Christiane7 I never knowlngly accept reservations where a person is reserving for another.  You could ask that the daughter set up her own account and if payment is an issue the mother can always purchase an Airbnb gift card for the daughter to use. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/981/how-do-airbnb-gift-cards-work

Fiona0
Level 5
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

I have on a couple of occasions accepted a reservation on behalf of older less internet savvy relatives - it's relatively low risk.  Last time it was a German guy booking on behalf of his grandparents who were coming to visit him.  I explained all the issues and met him too during the course of the visit.  But it is 'against the rules' and I would only do it for older relatives where I have tried and failed to get them to open their own account.