LA City short-changing hosts on their paid $89 registration

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

LA City short-changing hosts on their paid $89 registration

I hope that hosts are calling and emailing the City of Los Angeles about an injustice that is happening. The City has a deadline of Oct 31, 2019 to register your unit for 1 year. You are not required to register until Oct 31, 2019. They began accepting registrations on July 1, 2019. What they never told me and other unsuspecting punctual hosts who have been registering early is that your registration only lasts 1 year FROM THE TIME THAT YOU REGISTER, and EVEN THOUGH you don't have to register until Oct 31, 2019!!! So they short-change you on registration time. Then, in the future, if you stop doing Airbnb between July 1 and Oct 31 you will have unnecessarily OVER PAID $89.

I assumed this registration was like paying your DMV bill. If you pay early, your bill doesn't suddenly become due early in subsequent years. Any reasonable person would think the same.

I've been emailing these people and they are dragging their heels. One is a complete moron who can't even understand the mild complexity of my issue. These people are also great at dodging questions and dodging doing anything about it. This is an injustice. Keep pressing them until they fix it. Your paid registration should be good until Oct 31, 2020 regardless of when you registered in the 4 month period leading up until Oct 31, 2019.

planning.home-sharing@lacity.org

len.nguyen@lacity.org (Senior Planner)

jason.douglas@lacity.org (Junior Planner)

Also email the city council rep in your district.

Los Angeles City Planning Department at (213) 978-0169.

0 Replies 0