Linking Calendars

Alison246
Level 1
Coulonges-sur-l'Autize, France

Linking Calendars

Hello

I have 3 rooms to rent out or alternatively the entirety of my house.

I would like to link calendars so that If the house is rented out that the 3 rooms are blocked, but alternatively  if one room is rented out, the other two rooms can still be booked but not the entire house.  When I go to link my calendars it appears that I can link two of the calendars or all four of them, but I am not able to separte it out.  What I want to do is have Entire House  linked Bed 1, Entire house linked bed 2 etc.   How do I do this?

11 Replies 11

@Alison246, you should have 4 listings: 3 single room listings (one for each room), and one listing for the entire house.

Link each of the 3 room listings calendars with the single entire house listing calendar.

Do not link any of the single room calendars with any other single room calendar.

Then if any one of the rooms is rented, the entire house can't be rented.

If the entire house is rented, then none of the single rooms can be rented.

Alison246
Level 1
Coulonges-sur-l'Autize, France

Thank you matthew.  It's been sorted now 🙂  

I am new to Airbnb and have 2 rooms in our home we live in to rent out.  I accidently linked the two rooms together and I need to unlink their calendars as it is highly unlikely they will both be booked for the same time and same length of time.  How do I unlink the calendars for these two rooms?

I have a similar problem. I have 3 rooms or the entire house. And, on another website, I also have 3 rooms or the entire house. I linked the individual rooms thinking this would work. But when someone books on the other site, and that propogates to my AirBnb calendar, then it blocks everything for that time.

Oh, my goodness. I had the same issue and was afraid of a double booking. Thank you so much for the tip. I've remedied the issue and linked both my bedroom listings to my entire house listing. 🙂

Amanda394
Level 2
Dallas, TX

So I have the exact situation and just set it up.  I have the whole house listed on top and the three rooms are linked as being "in" in the whole house.  Will this work to allow more than one set of rooms to be rented at a time?  I hope so.  I feel the Airbnb instructions aren't incredible clear.  Outside of booking a room myself, I don't see how to change this.

@Amanda394, if you have the calendars set up to link as described to @Alison246, then you should be able to rent out the rooms individually (one, two, or all three rooms), or the house as a whole if available.

I like how you gave each room a distinctive theme! That is so smart!

Hopefully your bookings will begin very soon and that will let you know if the calendars are working properly!

(If you want a test, maybe you can have a friend send in an Inquiry that blocks the calendar without anyone having to spend any money.)

Thank you! 

Stefanie116
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hello guys, how can i see 2 calendars if I have 2 rooms to rent seperatly?

@Stefanie116, if you want to rent the rooms separately, you should create 2 separate listings: one for each room.

Andrei39
Level 2
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Hi there,

I am new to this (renting a room out of a listed apt.).

Can I link a room's calendar with the calender  in the listing for the whole flat, while "in progress " (not yet "listed") ?

Or do i have to first list the room ?