Listed price on search higher then my actual listed price

Alex26
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Listed price on search higher then my actual listed price

I need some help my accutual list price on my listing is set for $55 but when i do a search my listing showing up for $76 why?

I need my listing to reflect the price i listed at so i can get bookings. Please help ASAP

18 Replies 18

Hi Letitia, thank you for your follow up. I appreciate it very much.....After making multiple tech support contacts yesterday, I was finally able to get an agent that actually knew why the discrenpancy. The policy of now adding the cleaning fee to daily rent to establish the advertised rate on search listing is a sobering new change. I am getting the feeling that AirBNB is trying to sqeeze the host into lowering fees.....Thank you again.

@William-and-Carlos0 It isn't a matter of Airbnb trying to squeeze the host.

The research shows that guests really do not like it if the search displays one price, but when the guest tries to book the actual cost is much higher.

Including the cleaning cost in the search results (when possible) is mainly an attempt to avoid unpleasant surprises that leave a bad taste with the guests.

Honestly, Airbnb makes more money from you when you can rent out your place with higher prices.

(Their cut is a % of the money you make.)

i'm helping my son pick rooms as a guest and am still confused. So the search price is the price we have to pay, not the price on the listing?

@Joy215  If you have dates in that is the price you have to pay. You can look at the detailed breakdown prior to booking to see what they are.