Lock on guest bedroom door

Pat356
Level 2
Crowley, TX

Lock on guest bedroom door

Hello, we rent a room in a house to usually one guest at a time. Seems like mostly women going to school and interns. Was wondering what kind of lock could I put on their bedroom door so that they would feel secure? Have had two quests (out of many) mention it. I’m guessing something that can only be unlocked from the inside?

Thanks, 

Pat

5 Replies 5
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I have the same setup in my house, @Pat356 . If there were other guests in other rooms, your guests would need something lockable from inside and outside, but since it is just you, the hosts, in the house with them, they need only something they can lock while they are inside their room. 

So any of the usual bedroom/bathroom door locks will do. 

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Pat356 @Lawrene0 

Hi Pat

When I started I was in the same position, a number of female guests commented that there was no door lock.

Took me a while to find but these, they were easy to install, and did not involve cutting holes etc. in the door.

Problem solved

Bedroom lock.jpg

Door Security Restrictor lock ... about £5 on ebay

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I like that one, @Chris232 . Mine is an antique door, with the old skeleton key lock arrangement. It is pretty, but likely does not inspire confidence in our guests. Something like this feels safer while still looking nice.

Pat356
Level 2
Crowley, TX

Awesome, thanks for the quick responses, I like that idea to. I may do just that.

Thanks again,

Pat

I have 4 bedrooms should I put a lockable system in place if I have only 2 people booking my accommadation