Money taken from bank account but host hasn't received it

Hakan23
Level 2
Netherlands

Money taken from bank account but host hasn't received it

After having a horror experience at a hostel I decided to make an airbnb and find the best airbnb possible for the remaining 5 days of my holiday. I made an account, set a profile picture and inserted pictures of my government ID.

Afterwards I immediately booked my stay for the same day and asked the host if it was available and when I could pick up the keys, keep in mind the money was taken out of my bank account. A few minutes later the host replied and told me that he hadn't received a reservation and to my confusion I opened the app and saw the text "We're still verifying your info. You will get an email from us shortly." and "1 pending item". I explained the whole situation to the host and I showed him the screenshots and he trusted me and let me stay at his house. 

But now I've got a few questions, how long does it take to finish up the verification and will the money be sent to the host after verification is complete? I don't want to lose his trust.  

Keep in mind that I ordered for 21 july until 27 july and it's almost 22 july. 

Thanks for helping!

Hakan

2 Replies 2
Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Hakan23

If it is possible for you i see that if you are the first guest in your host house ......she/he need to wait a little, could you see this link, which gives you more explanation :  

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/425/when-will-i-get-my-payout 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Hakan23  If you still see your payment status as "pending", and no funds have been withdrawn from your credit card or whatever payment method you've used, maybe you could contact Airbnb to make sure that they haven't had a glitch with charging you.

Hosts get paid 24 hours after the guest checks in, until then Airbnb holds the funds. And if you are this host's first guest, they will have to wait up to 30 days to get paid out for their first reservation (which they may not realize, as they are new and that information isn't that easy to find). 

But if for some reason Airbnb hasn't been able to charge your card, it would be a sad thing for this new host to have a guest stay and then not get paid, after you are long gone, that's why I suggest you just make sure that Airbnb has successfully charged you for this reservation.