My Accout Was Hacked and Airbnb is Making Me PAY!

Hunt2
Level 1
Charleston, SC

My Accout Was Hacked and Airbnb is Making Me PAY!

My account was hacked last Saturday, Airbnb has yet to do anything about it except CHARGE ME WITH THE FEES! This person booked reservations in my name, cancelled reservations for my guests, which I was told I have to pay the cancellation fees AND I will lose Superhost status for something I DIDNT DO!! My dates were also blocked so I couldn’t accept another reservation!! I just noticed today that my listing description has been changed from a 3 bdrm, 1.5 bath to a 1 bedroom,0 bath... I didn’t get a notification my listing was changed! No wonder I haven’t gotten any bookings all week! I also had a guest staying at my home and she was so harassed by this person that she cancelled her reservation. Airbnb gave her back all of her money, which I agree with, but it came out of my pocket! I think Airbnb should be responsible for this! I received a msg from one member of trust and safety who said everything looked normal, the guy was msg my guests telling them I was a drug addict I had broken into the house and everything was going to be thrown out including her stuff and that looks normal??!?!?! They obviously didn’t take time to even bother to read it! Or if they did and they are making decisions for this company like that, I don’t want to be a part of it anymore! And I’ve hosted I’m sure 300+ people!. I was told not to msg guests or do anything until this is resolved, it’s been a week! The only contact I’ve gotten are a couple of msg saying it wasn’t their problem and saying if I cancelled more reservations I was going to lose my account!! Are you kidding me!?! This is after a guest Broke into My Home on Christmas Eve, messed it up broke furniture, refrigerator etc... I had to miss Christmas with my family and they didn’t even charge the girl with staying at my home or the cleaning fee I asked for, and for the four days of my reservation I had paid for out of town to spend time with my family! I don’t want to be part of this company anymore and they are my only source of income! But it seems the hosts are just crap to them.. thanks for nothing Airbnb 

2 Replies 2
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Hunt2 that is truly a nightmare. It sounds like somebody really has it in for you. Do you have any idea who it is? In your shoes I would be hounding Airbnb on facebook and twitter.

Theresa231
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I am having a similar problem, with 2 obviously fake properties being booked in my name & the money being taken by airbnb. Everyone line PAYPAL & my bank seem to be on the case, but I can not get a response from AIrbnb 'Trust & Safety' Team. The 2 properties are still on the site 2 days later. They are laughably set up, listed as being in one place with description in another part of the world. I am a host but I have been targetted as a guest. Very disallusioned with AIrbnb help.