My Listing is not showing in search.

Katherine34
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

My Listing is not showing in search.

I've been hosting at my home in Denver for two years now, and it's done great. But I recently began managing another listing in California and it's not showing up when I search for it. It's not just that it's not on the first page, it's that it doesn't show up at all. The listing is active, and the URL for the listing works, but it appears nowhere in search.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as we need to get this amazing place rented out ASAP!

4 Replies 4
_EMAILHIDDEN_25
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

I just listed my property, got a flurry of calls, now, none. I looked for the listing, and can't find it. And it is impossible to find a number at airbnb. 

I just noted the same problem with my house. I tried a search on the small resort town where my house is located and my listing did not appear. 

Hi Trevor,

The same thing has happened to me.  I had many bookings when I first signed up, but now my listing seems not to show up in searches.  What did you find out, if anything?  

What now?

Dawn

Jon36
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Apparently a lot of us have been experiencing this.  After 2 years of great hosting and great reviews, my listing was removed from searches (I'm in Oakland, California).  Ive talked to and emailed with about a dozen people at airbnb, noone can help me.  Some of them have said it is because I rejected too many guests so I have been de-listed.  They encouraged me to accept requets and I would be listed again.  I pointed out the futility of trying to accept requests when I get zero views per day.  They said hang in there.  Totally unhelpful.  Ive reviewed other forums in the 'community' and this seems to becoming more and more widespread. 

Note that I have had to reject most requests, they often don't meet the criteria I state in my listing such as posting a picture, demonstrating a willingness to practice good communication, or indicating they have actually read my listing.  I have a spare room in a singlefamily home and I am not just going to accept every request. Pretty reasonable, but airbnb the company wants us to accpet everyone first come first served, even though various customer service reps realize this is preposterous.  Others in the forums are going through the same situation.