My guests wants to cancel and I'm happy for him to cancel but have a strict 7 day 50% cancel policy

Stephen287
Level 1
Australia

My guests wants to cancel and I'm happy for him to cancel but have a strict 7 day 50% cancel policy

Please help! I have a very angry guest who reckons he's my ad is misrepresented cause he thinks it has a swimming pool which it doesn't!! My granny flat is on a shared property with a 4 bedroom house, on an acreage property and its the 4 bedroom house, of our other listing which has exclusive rights to the pool.  In my listing of the granny flat, which my guest has booked, he swears he's seen pictures of swimming pool (which there isn't) and wants to cancel.  I am more than happy for him to cancel as he has obviously looked at another property with a pool (he's only been a member since Dec 17). I am happy for him to cancel but how to I make sure he gets the full refund and not my strict 7 day 50% policy. 

Please help as he's demanding the full refund before the 4th Jan!!!

4 Replies 4

@Stephen287, you should instruct the guest to contact AirBnB about this first.

The guest is the one who made the mistake, so the guest should be the one to cancel.

Instruct the guest to tell AirBnB that you are okay with giving the guest a full refund, but that the guest is the one who wants to cancel.

Mrs--Donna0
Level 3
Baltimore, MD

Woo, it is all his fault, You could have rented your place to someone else, because of him not making sure what he is doing. You should get some money from this, I would not give him all his money, the fault is on him, what? was he drunk when he was booking, Please give me a break here.

I would be following up with you, I would not like to have this experience.

Hello and God bless you, I just had a guest that at first she wanted to cancel her reservation on a strict cancellation policy.  First because she needed a 2 bedroom apartment instead of one, because her parents where coming with her, my apartment is ready for up to 4 people.  I told her that I can't give her the money back, only the 50%  then she wanted to change the days and check out 2 weeks before so I was going to loose those days and I told her no.  at the end she came in 5 days after her check in day and today her mother came to my house and requested a full refund for the remaining of her stay. when I told the lady that all I can do is give her 50% back, this lady was vicious, she stated to complain about the carpet that it needed shampoo and that there where animals in the apartment and that she can call the health department.  Thank God I serve a live God, at this point I just didn't want a person like that in my apartment, this lady told me that she can send me business, I don't want her business.  My apartment is impeccable clean.  I did agreed to refund her, thank God I think they are gone.  I don't care to loose a month.