New Zealand payment methods

Becky33
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

New Zealand payment methods

Hi

I am a new host in NZ and are having huge problems sorting out a payment method with Airbnb - they are now a week overdue from paying out the money owed. 

So far I've been directed to Payoneer by air bnb for help who have no records of us/nor do I know who they are - their system wont' accept me for paypal. 

My understanding is that in NZ we can have payments made direct into our account - these are the details we added to the payout method and it is stuck in pending verification 

Has anyone else run into this issue in New Zealand - how did you resolve it?   I am just being send in circles and really need that money they owe us to cover up our setup costs

15 Replies 15
Stella413
Level 1
Auckland, NZ

Hi, am having the same problem and its been hugely stressful. Its been six weeks since I entered my bank details and  have had 4 guests come and go and my payment method is still showing pending. Have been communicating with AIRBNB (phone and almost daily chaser emails) and they advise there is nothing more I can do as the problem is at their end and to 'wait patiently' and they will let me know when it is fixed. (firstly they told me it was a payoneer problem but then admitted it was their problem). It has been 6 days since i sent my last chaser and have had no response. I've never come across such appalling customer service or action. I have tried to add other payment methods to try and push this through but AIRBNB said I had to delete those and just keep one. According to other threads and forums it appears to be a regular problem so I am not convinced it is a technical issue (especially given their lack of response and inability to give a timeframe for fixing)  so am wondering whether this is an AIRBNB tactic. Any other suggestions welcome to get this fixed. I do not want to have to go to PayPal in USD (if that is even an option) as then I will lose out financially big time just because AIRBNB are failing their end. I've lost all patience with them as I cannot get a decent answer other than i have to wait. I also obviously cannot delete my account until i get paid! Also I expect some level of compensation from them for holding my money for so long and being so far out of pocket - Has anyone had any luck with that?