No Hot Water for Guests

Brett10
Level 1
Scottsdale, AZ

No Hot Water for Guests

Hello,

The gas company turned off my gas inadvertently and now my guests have no hot water for all 3 days of their stay.  I can't get someone out to fix it because it is the weekend and easter sunday.  The gas company also does not take calls on the weekend so I have no solutions.  I'm thinking of alternatives for them but also planning to refund money, but I'm not sure how much is fair.  Any suggestions on an amount to return to the guests for no hot water during their stay?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Brett10 Oh no! My worst nightmare!  I would contact Airbnb right away to get their advice on the situation and then discuss with your guests what the options are to compensate for this very necessary amenity.  Contact Airbnb by twitter @Airbnbhelp is the fastest way to get in touch, but there are other options as described here: 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highligh...

good luck!

Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Brett10

Like Claire mentioned this is a very bad situation....

Don't be cheap, there's 365 days in a year... this will create you a bad review... 

As a guest how much would you expect to be refunded? (if they didn't asked yet...)

How much would you pay for a cold steak at a restaurant?? 

tip for the answer... you can walk away and get it sizzling hot on the restaurant next door... 

Luis

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If you were staying in a hotel and you had no hot water for 3 days - what percentage of your costs would you expect to have refunded if you couldn't shower, etc.. I think that's the way to help work it out.