Not receiving introduction messages from guests.

Louise979
Level 1
Havelock North, New Zealand

Not receiving introduction messages from guests.

Hi,  I've been hosting for 1.5 years and for some reason the last three bookings have come through with no personal  message from the guests.  Also no response to my first welcome message. Wondering if anyone knew why this might be?  Is it a setting I've changed by mistake?  Thanks.  Louise

2 Replies 2
Jennifer1773
Level 10
Brevard, NC

@Louise979 There is a fairly new "box to check" in your Instant Book settings if you would like to require these messages. On airbnb.com select Listing --> Policies and Rules --> Policies --> Edit Instant Book --> Check Pre-booking message required --> Add in a personalized message.  

Guests will be required to read and respond to your message before they confirm their reservation.

Louise979
Level 1
Havelock North, New Zealand

@Jennifer1773  Thanks so much for offering some help.  I have always had the instant book on and are familiar that guests that have positive reviews can use this feature without having to message.  Just seemed strange that for the first time, the last three bookings haven't messaged or responded to my welcome message.  Maybe its just a sign of the busy times we are in?  I'm not needing a personal message but had must got used to it (and it is kind of nice :).   Thanks again Jennifer.  Regards, Louise