Noticed Pet Friendly no longer a selectable item when searching

Answered!
April403
Level 3
Effingham, IL

Noticed Pet Friendly no longer a selectable item when searching

I am a pet friendly host and believe I get more bookings because of it.  I noticed since the recent announcement that AirBNB will start allowing pet fees it's now no longer a searchable / selectable item?  Anyone else notice this?  Believe it used to be next to smoking allowed checkbox which I DO NOT allow.

1 Best Answer
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Graham426 @Michael-James1 As @April403 mentioned, the option to find listings that accept pets is still available - if you start a search, you should be able to see something like this. Let us know if you don't!

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 09.28.38.png

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

65 Replies 65

Confirmed. This is what works. 

THANK YOU!!!

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

No problem @Christy291, glad I could help! 🙂 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Great help! Thanks!

It's a bad UI change since they moved something without making that clear...

Michelle2925
Level 3
Houston, TX

Wow, I just noticed the pet friendly filter check box is missing. This makes no sense. Why would I want to open hundreds of individual listings looking for the pet friendly places? This is not a customer friendly update at all and will have me going straight to VRBO. Disappointing! 

I agree, very inconvenient and I'm not wasting my time.  Moving on to other services...

Clare446
Level 1
Paisley, United Kingdom

So inconvenient! I’ll be looking elsewhere if I can’t easily filter. Though I notice if I search everywhere and use options like beachfront or “tiny home” then I seem to be able to access it. Useless for finding a quick break with useful parameters 

Nicola2393
Level 1
Lutwyche, Australia

Totally agree, it is tedious to search through properties to find one that is pet friendly. I can't imagine it's great for the hosts either. Please put this filter back.

Florida-Sands-Luxury0
Level 1
Pompano Beach, FL

Ridiculous that you cannot search by pet friendly. Makes the app totally unusable 

John5988
Level 1
East Point, GA

I concur, it is ridiculous that this filter has been removed.  

Siddharth52
Level 2
Urbana, IL

What is going on at AirBnB? Is anyone monitoring these discussions? Are you working on a fix for this huge error? 

@Siddharth52  No, Airbnb doesn't monitor these discussions. They don't consider it an error that needs a fix. They changed the way guests look for pet-friendly listings. If you enter the number of guests and the number of pets, you will be shown pet-friendly listings, apparently. This is obviously not working well for guests or hosts.

You need to send feedback directly to Airbnb through their main site in the "Help" section, not on this forum, if you want them to look at it.

Gary1016
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

Except that on iOS app pets no longer appear in the ‘who’s going’ section. So the OP is correct, you can’t filter for stats that are pet friendly. Which renders the app useless. 

It is at the bottom when you expand the selection. 

158158E9-0E16-4484-B6F0-77843D82444B.jpeg