OOO messageing

Answered!
Shawn-and-JoAnn0
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

OOO messageing

As all hosts are aware, response rate to inquiries, factor into the Super Host status.  Given that we will be out of the country for a week with very limited email, we will not be able to respond to any inquiries.  We host only in the summer, however, we get inquiries all year long as folks plan their vacations.  I did speak with an AirBnB rep, Preston, who by the way was wonderful, and he indicatied that there is no automated feature for Out of Office  (OOO) messaging but did suggest perhaps deactivating the account while we are away or setting up Insta book, neither of which are an option for us.  Other than making the property unavailable during the time we are away, does anyone have other viable suggestions?

As an aside, I did provide feedback to AirBnB to perhaps make an OOO enhancement to their web page via their feedback link.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Snoozing your listing whenever you are not able to respond to inquiries is the best solution, @Shawn-and-JoAnn0.  Your response rate will not be negatively impacted as your listing will not be seen during a search.

As a traveler, you don't want to wait around for some host to get back in touch which is why the 24 hour response clock is a standard.

Of course if this is a busy time and you don't want to miss out on being able to accept reservations, you could consider setting up a co-host to respond for you.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Snoozing your listing whenever you are not able to respond to inquiries is the best solution, @Shawn-and-JoAnn0.  Your response rate will not be negatively impacted as your listing will not be seen during a search.

As a traveler, you don't want to wait around for some host to get back in touch which is why the 24 hour response clock is a standard.

Of course if this is a busy time and you don't want to miss out on being able to accept reservations, you could consider setting up a co-host to respond for you.

Snoozing a listing, I like that sounds of that.  Can you provide a link with the procedures of doing this.

Thank you.

I figured it out,  I did a search on the page......great suggestion, thank you, this was a big big help!

Glad you worked it out, @Shawn-and-JoAnn0.  You will find that you can often just noodle around the platform to get what you need.  If not, here we are!!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Shawn-and-JoAnn0,

Great to hear you managed to find the 'Snooze' option @Linda108 kindly suggested. 

For anyone else reading your post and wondering the same thing, here is a useful Community Guide on how to snooze your listing. This can also be found in the Tips and Tutorial board here in the Community Center.

Have a great holiday. I hope you are going somewhere nice. 🙂

Thanks

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.