Paying via bank transfer

Serene2
Level 2
Singapore

Paying via bank transfer

I received an email (from express@mailairbnb.com) on a special offer from a host, but instead of paying to Airbnb via its website or app, the email requested to do a bank transfer to a bank account in Budapest.

However, when I log in via Airbnb website or app, I cannot see this special offer, therefore cannot pay via credit card and the Airbnb website.

Paying via bank transfer is not one of the suggested payment methods. As far as I know, all my friends were paying via credit card through the Airbnb website, none had done bank transfer before.

I had emailed Airbnb for verification on the email and payment method, but till now no reply.

Can someone help or advise?

17 Replies 17
Jamie478
Level 2
Camarillo, CA

Luckily my brain woke up. Site started on a Crigs list. Then was given link to his supposed airbnb account.  Only thing is I entered card info then it wouldn't accept it and asked me to wire. Well the good news is I can replace the calrd.

Barbara2127
Level 1
Vianen, NL

I had the same experience in Scheveningen (Holland). Sharena (a.k.a. Kiki) asked me to pay through the airbnb bank transfer payment option. Luckily I got suspicious. Please be aware with mails from (Vacation Rental) vrental61@gmail.com.  

Unfortunately I thought it was a real Airbnb site and I paid via wire transfer as I thought I was chatting with real Airbnb customer service agent. Will there be a possible way to get back the money?