Payment issue

Daniel724
Level 2
California, United States

Payment issue

I have a question to all hosts and Airbnb. I got a booking on June 2 for 3 months. My guest checked in on June 2 and I was supposed to receive the first payment next day according Airbnb rules. I didn't receive the payment. I've been calling to Airbnb and emailing them every day over 1 week. They don't give me the info when and why the payment hasn't been released yet. Has anyone had any similar problems? What should I do in this situation? Thank you, Daniel K.

7 Replies 7
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Daniel724  There are many many postings about this issue.  It feels very mysterious to the hosts when there is a delay.  How long before the reservation did the guest book?  Can you confirm with the guest the payment was collected from the credit card ?  Have you ever had your CC put on hold due to the CC company investigating an unusually large charge?  That sometimes happens with guests.  Is your reservation status "confirmed" or "pending"?

It seems that your best course to take is to be patient.  Ultimately you will be paid.  I would say that customer service is not really much help because the issue is transfered to another department and that department has to work on it.  Until there is resolution, the customer service rep will not have an update.

At some point you may have to consider asking Air BNB to relocate the guest so you can open up your calendar with a guest that doesn't have payment issue problems.  That is why you need to alert the guest about the issue.

Daniel724
Level 2
California, United States

The reservation is confirmed (accepted). There is no any issue with the guest's credit card. She called to the bank (her card doesn't have any restrictions) and Airbnb as well. They said they collected the payment from her account and it went successfully. But no one can give me the exact info why the payment was frozen and when it will be released.

Indeed Linda, there may be many reasons why payment is not made. However, here the issue at least for me is the lack of professionalism, disrespect, and lack of consideration, on behalf of Airbnb, especially when you have guests that need to keep extending because they are their to work and may need to stay for long periods of time. The problem isn't that their is a problem with the guest payment or even Airbnb's problem, it is the total lack of communication, non-acknowledgement, and ignoring the host and the position they are placed in plus the in- ability to make a proper decision for the host best financial interest. This very lack of communication puts the host and guest in a very vulnerable position. For now I am shocked and very, very disappointed.

Blanca31
Level 2
Cypress, CA

Definitely, I am currently having a similar situation but mine has been going on since June 7, 2017. In fact, I have the email of Airbnb's message stating that the guest actually paid. There is also a second missing payment that was made for an alteration that has never been acknowledged by Airbnb. I will also state that today the guests themselves gave me a copy of their statement with indeed 2 payments made to Airbnb that total well over $1,000.00 dollars on the same date as the first one and till this day that payment has never been processed or received as well.

Only one Airbnb first level (supervisor) stated that it was due to the clients non-payment. Which has been proven today not to be true. However, their financial department case managers have yet to acknowledge one of the many, many phone calls and emails made to them. Not a single word. Wheather it is a bank mis-hap or whatever it may be (hate to think that they are intentionally keeping the money), not one single piece of info has been giving from the financial department. Just as if they do not exist. It seems pointless to have proof because no one cares or are they simply what we would trust they wouldn't be (....) ?

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Daniel724@Blanca31  I have never experienced your payment problem, but since payment is the primary service of Air BNB, I am very concerned that there are so many hosts having problems.  As such, I am motivated to find out more.  I read through the Terms of Service (yeah that is a lot of reading) and came across this sentence about Air BNB Payments:

Airbnb Payments may delay or cancel any Payout for purposes of preventing unlawful activity or fraud, risk assessment, security, or investigation.

Sooooo, I don't know what is going on in your cases, but here is an address I found for addressing Air BNB Payments:

888 Brannan Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
United States of America

+1 855 424 7262.

Of course you have already called the phone number and you may already know the headquarters address.

I hope you both will post follow up information as I am certain there are many hosts who will benefit from your experience.

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much as I wasn't finding the time to thoroughly investigate an address. Thank you.

Certainly I will follow up. But again the critical point or issue here is Airbnb's lack of communication. Because like you said we don't know what is happening at this point everything is open for assumptions and negative feelings.

Hello, the same problem is happening to me.

After how long they have resolved your problem?