Pet Friendly ?

Connie402
Level 1
Klamath Falls, OR

Pet Friendly ?

We have a fenced back yard and want to stay pet friendly, but people will not keep their pets kenneled while inside. I am replacing vinyl door blinds again because of dogs. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Connie in southern Oregon

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Connie402  This is why many hosts who love dogs, and even have a dog themselves won't accept pets. Irresponsible pet owners.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Connie402 

We are pet friendly,  just make it a rule that when dogs are present that all blinds must be left raised.  From a dog's point of view, they are not intentionally doing damage.   They are likely just trying to figure out their surroundings. BTW neither I or my guests has ever crated a pet.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Connie402 Maybe your expectations just aren't realistic? I don't know anyone who keeps their dogs kenneled all the time when they're indoors. It doesn't sound very nice for the dog. 

I would suggest either replacing the vinyl blinds with something more rugged or not allowing pets. Your listing seems pretty restrictive on pets: you mention in 4 places that you need to approve them, and say you will need to get references (?) for hosting them. If you're that concerned, I think it's maybe just not for you. 

I've been hosting pets for 4 years on Airbnb and have only ever had one issue with damage (a scratched door that required minor repair).  I have no rules around crating. I find that most pet owners are very responsible.