Price on preview page

Richard146
Level 3
Indianapolis, IN

Price on preview page

I have adjusted my price on the price settings section and the price I have set appears on the calandar corresponding to the price I have set but when I preview my listing I see a completely different price of $95.  $95 was the price I had originally set when I first set up the listing but I have changed it several times since.  Secondly how in the world do you actually contact airbnb to speak to someone there.  Either I'm really missing something or they make it awfully hard to communicate with them directly.  

4 Replies 4
Leigh11
Level 1
Isle of Palms, SC

I called 2 nights ago and the rep said tech support would get my problem ticket in two days. Tonight I had someone inquire and so lost that guest, because the pricing is still not fixed, ugh!

For the phone number : Google Airbnb customer service number.
Among your search results (scroll down) and you will see bold customer service numbers, and one is toll free. I think calling in day might be a better option , not sure what hours tech support is staffed for major issues. Good Luck!
Keith30
Level 3
Columbus, OH

I use smart pricing, this may be the source of your problem.  The price on your calendar is not the price on the preview page.  The preview page price is your "base price".  Make sure that  your base price is set to what you want.

The price in the preview page is always higher then then my base price I have set.
Kate135
Level 1
Baar, Switzerland

Hi
I also have this pricing problem from time to time. My price us CH110 and today it shows CH131- a huge difference!
Keith, I don't use smart pricing- are you saying one should ? And that this problem will go away?
Thanks