Problem collecting payment for reservation

George2
Level 2
Limassol, Cyprus

Problem collecting payment for reservation

The attempt to charge my guest was unsuccessful but the reservation (Jun 5) is still active. Should I cancel the reservation?

10 Replies 10
Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@George2 No. Let Airbnb sort it out. They'll work with the guest to get a valid payment. You could ping Airbnb and ask them to please address this asap.

Malcolm3
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I have the same general problem and looking at this forum I am not alone. An email from Airbnb says they have had a problem collecting payment, but the Airbnb website does not indicate anything untoward. I have tried contacting Airbnb to find out what the situation is, but have been mt with total silence, not even an acknowledgement. What is the recommended way to ping Airbnb these days (they used to be easy to contact and responsive)?

Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Malcolm3 search this forum for a how-to guide on how to contact airbnb. Dave & Deb wrote it.

Malcolm3
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Thanks @Lisa7 I did track that document down. When I phoned them, I got a recorded message saying Airbnb appreciated my patience and the next available agent would be available in over 30 minutes! Airbnb used to be so easy to contact and provided such good customer service - really sad what's happening. Why can't I just send a simple email to get a simple answer?

Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Good question. Did you try twitter?

Justin8
Level 2
Baltimore, MD

How can you tell the payment didn't go through?   I'm wondering the same thing about my bookings.

I get a popup message when I confirm a booking sometimes that says payment was not collected but they will try to collect from the guest for the next 24 hours... I always assumed the booking would be cancelled if payment wasn't collected.

J

The Airbnb just let me know that they didn't collect payment, after a MONTH of the guest staying! wt.. How could it happen? Aren't they supposed to collect payment first, and then allow guest to check-in???

Anastasia, since they bill monthly for long-term (>28 night stays), the first payment usually goes through, but then the credit card has an issue LATER... usually the first month's payment is released the following day after check-in.

I just had this happen, and I am trying to figure out the next step now that the guest has corrected the credit card! 

Grace924
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for your help. I feel a bit awkward saying something to my guest...do you think I should just leave it and wait and see?

Grace924
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I have had an email from airbnb to say that the payment has been unsuccessful but my reservation is still active and I was paid at the beginning of their stay. Does anyone know what this might mean?