Providing local info to hosts for their guests

Marion886
Level 2
Blockley, United Kingdom

Providing local info to hosts for their guests

Hello. I run the dog group in our village, Blockley in the Cotswolds. There are about 50 Aibrnb homes here and most allow dogs. It is difficult to know where to walk the dogs and our dog group has got a booklet of local walks which is downloadable free. I'd like to contact the hosts to tell them about this so that their guests will have a much more enjoyable stay. But when I try to send a message it requires me to provide booking dates. Is there a way around this? The official info on the Airbnb site seems to say that you don't need to provide dates but I found the message won't send without dates. Thanks for your help!

2 Replies 2

No, don't bother trying to use Airbnb this way. You'd have to send fake booking inquiries to each individual host, and honestly hosts really hate that. If one reports you, your profile could get banned from the site.

You might check social media to see if there's a home sharing group for your region, and discuss the topic there. But I don't quite understand why you perceive a problem with guests not knowing where to walk their dogs. Are pets forbidden on the regular trails and streets in your area? 

Marion886
Level 2
Blockley, United Kingdom

Thanks Andrew. Yes, I wouldn't want to send fake bookings!  The issue isn't about dogs being banned anywhere It's that it's not obvious until one knows the village well, where the public footpaths are, as well as knowing about where there might be sheep/cows etc.