Reaching out to hosts for a cleaning service

Mary-Jane15
Level 2
Dobbs Ferry, NY

Reaching out to hosts for a cleaning service

Hello all!  I am so excited to be a super host and thank you for welcoming me to the community!  I have a question. I have a friend who has started her own cleaning service for rental houses.  I was wondering, would it be frowned upon for her to reach out to hosts and send her information to them in her area?  Is this a big "no- no"? I wasn't really sure.  I wouldn't mind if someone reached out to me as I am always  looking for reliable cleaning!  Thoughts?

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Of course it would if she is trying to message them on their listing  It would be considered spamming . As would posting her services on here which are against the T&Cs for this forum.

Why not suggest your friend does what any start up does and identifies her target market and the best channels to reach them and then invests in setting up a website/social media channels to show case her work and in online channels to drive traffic to these sites.

There may also be local host forums she can join.

Mary-Jane15
Level 2
Dobbs Ferry, NY

Hello!  And thank you for you're response.  Yes, I totally get that.  And I do agree with you after reading your response.  Yes, she is doing that.  Just brainstorming with her on how she can reach houses in her area that are renting their homes specifically.  The idea of local host forums is a good idea!  Are you a part of one? Maybe facebook hosting group?  Thanks!  Mary Jane 

And Hello to England!  I am married to an Englishman who grew up in Nottingham!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mary-Jane15  Advertising for one's personal business is against forum rules here, but there are many hosts who post here asking for cleaner recommendations, so personally, I don't object to posts offering cleaning services. However, personal info, like phone numbers, email addresses, etc, shouldn't be posted and they will actually be removed. So while it's not really allowed here, I think if your friend posted, just saying where she is located and to send her a direct message for more info, that wouldn't be too frowned upon. There is a direct message function on this forum (the little envelope symbol on the top bar), so any hosts interested could reply to her there.