Recent spate of terrible guests

Allegra19
Level 2
Albuquerque, NM

Recent spate of terrible guests

Hi all, I have been a Airbnb host for 6 years; I have made a few lifelong friend by hosting and love the experience of sharing my city with travelers. This year, I have had a number of yucky experiences with men who have yelled at me, berated me, then left me very terrible reviews. The most recent one I just can’t get out of my head and I’m seriously considering stopping hosting with Airbnb. I got no support from Airbnb surrounding this guest. The review he left is full of lies, he screamed expletives at me in front of my kid, and calls me a scumbag along with other things in the review and personal note. All of this because he didn’t leave at checkout time and I had to ask him to leave. The frequency of these rude horrible guests seems to be growing and I can’t see any way out other than leaving the site which makes me so sad. Is anyone else experiencing this uptick of bad guests? This was this particular guests first stay with Airbnb and I have a feeling that he won’t use his account again. Why does Airbnb let these sort of people leave reviews that only hurt the hosts? The guests are able to start fresh with a new account leaving us hosts at the mercy of mean guests and no support from Airbnb. 

3 Replies 3
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Allegra19 

"Why does Airbnb let these sort of people leave reviews that only hurt the hosts? "

Money and because they do not give two hoots about the every increasing number of Hosts, your just cannon fodder.

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Allegra19  I'm sorry this happened to you.   Have you contacted Airbnb and asked to have the review removed?  It seems to me, by what you describe, that it clearly violates their content policy re reviews.

I guess I could give it a try. They told me re another similar guest that my review of them and a reply to the review was the best they could do. I’ve been a super host forever then 2 guys with their spiteful stars and reviews can ruin it all. I’ll see what happens if I reach out again, thanks!