Refund after 5 weeks stay

Refund after 5 weeks stay

Hi! This is my first year as AirBnb host, I have had 1 guest earlier who gave me 5 stars. I have 2 apartments renting out. Now I have a guest who has stayed for five weeks. The dishwasher was not an amenity but has been out of order. The guest is complaining about this and I have sent repair staff to fix this (for free, product guarantee). It has taken a few weeks due to missing machine parts from the repair warehouse to be replaced. The guest complains that this means that the home is not fully equipped. She told me about the issue several days after check-in. Can she complain and get her money refunded? Even the days she stayed? The home is equipped with means to wash up by hand.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Inger-Marie0 if the guest has stayed then they have no right of refund. Airbnb customer support might give them a part refund but make it clear the dishwasher is not listed as an amenity

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Inger-Marie0 If the dishwasher was not listed as an amenity, then the guest is not due any refund. They may go to Airbnb in an attempt to obtain one anyway. Airbnb CS reps are (astoundingly) not super competent and aware of policies, so the guest may be successful. You may therefore want to get ahead of the guest and contact Airbnb yourself to explain the situation. Once a refund has been given to the guest, you’re pretty much out of any chance of having it reversed. 

By the way, here is the guest refund policy,

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/2868/airbnb-guest-refund-policy