Refund

Baylie0
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

Refund

Hi -

A lady asked for a refund because of the uncleanliness of the house. I think she is being extreme but I would like other people's opinions.

First off I have two cats and that is clearly described in the listing. She said that cat urine smell is pervasive. I live in a small 1 bedroom condo. The cat boxes were thoroughly cleaned and the balcony door open and a purifier on. There is not much more I can do than that. She said the shell was too much for her when she closes the door.

She also said I needed to wash my floors, light switches, baseboards, and walls and mirrors.

I thought it was strange for someone who was so concerned s out cleanliness to not even flush the toilet before leaving.

My other concern is she asked for a refund at 10 pm the same day she arrived after she had asked for flexibility in check in time by two hours. So she had already stayed quite some time and by then I had already found a place to stay for the night and was in bed. I think out of the two nights she was going to stay a one night refund is fair.

In the future is there a way to prevent this from happening? Besides cleaning my baseboards. I mean I don't have a cleaning or security deposit. I only have a cancelation fee. But can't anyone say they want a refund for whatever reason say for example if they have found a more reasonably priced place or end up staying with family and not be telling the honest truth?

Thank you in advance.
0 Replies 0