Removal of super-host status

Dana343
Level 2
Vernon, Canada

Removal of super-host status

We have six properties at a popular Ski Resort destination in British Columbia. We have been affiliated with Airbnb for nearly two years, and for the most part have been quite happy with the reciprocal agreement. We have strived to provide excellent service, and as a result have being rewarded with super-host status. Through no fault of my own, I have been informed that our super host status has been removed. This is a seasonal resort, with about eight weeks in the spring to Summer transition and 8 weeks in the fall to winter transition, where there just isn't any clientele. Do you really think it's fair that my status should be removed, as a result of seasonal popularity?? There hasn't been any deficiencies in service provided. Not very happy with Airbnb at this time. Seriously considering a change

11 Replies 11
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Dana343 you have had more than 10 stays in the past year so the seasonal popularity isn't the reason. What does it say when you check your progress, what do you need to work on? 

Dana343
Level 2
Vernon, Canada

I have no idea? I almost always get fantastic reviews. Airbnb is the one that says my accommodation numbers are down ...that's why I lost my Airbnb super status

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Dana343  You say you have no idea, but did you do what Ana suggested? Go to your Progress page. Click on the Superhost box. Then put the last assessment period in that line (It will probably say Oct 1st, 2018-Sept 30 2019 as is, click on the arrow to get the assessment period we just had. It should show all your stats there as well as the target, so you can see exactly what prevented you from getting Superhost.

I have a 4.9 out of 5. Based on 56 reviews??? Why do I not retain my status with that??? Not helpful.

Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

Hi @Dana343 

The reason is possibly the two cancellations in May. Could that be it?

Dana343
Level 2
Vernon, Canada

So the organization should wait 3 months to penalize me? For a sold property. Where I compensated the guests with free stays at other properties?

It doesn't seem reasonable to me.

@Dana343  The evaluation is done through computer. When there is a cancellation from you in the evaluation period, you will automatically disqualified for Superhost. And you will not be eligible until one year later. 

Unfortunately this is Airbnb’s rule. You may want to contact Airbnb support to appeal. But the chance is very small. Next time, if you have extenuating circumstance, you need to contact Airbnb and ask them to cancel for you.

It's complete bull**bleep**. Any organization that evaluates its people through an arbitrary resource like that is never going to gain my respect.

At the end of the day, I really don't care. I obviously can never establish a real relationship with the management or mentorship that exists at Airbnb. I really don't care.

It's BS.

Dana343
Level 2
Vernon, Canada

And furthermore... Why is a computer establishing my personal relationship with human beings? It's another reason why I think it's BS