How do I make a claim?

Answered!
Eric1226
Level 2
Malta, NY

How do I make a claim?

Just had my first poor experience with guests. They left the place a mess. Reeked of smoke(non smoking house), stains on the sheets and comforter. Ash grounded into the night stand. Stains on the carpet. I’m thinking these are the only things I could submit to Airbnb. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Thank you

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am not sure what you can claim for but I would imagine smoke damage would be difficult to prove. Obviously photograph/video an evidence of damage.

If you look at Airbnb Help Centre, it gives you step by step instructions on claiming on your deposit/Airbnb guarantee.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am not sure what you can claim for but I would imagine smoke damage would be difficult to prove. Obviously photograph/video an evidence of damage.

If you look at Airbnb Help Centre, it gives you step by step instructions on claiming on your deposit/Airbnb guarantee.

Jana51
Level 2
San Jose, CA

I am not sure whether this would be a claim. My shower is cracked at the bottom from a guest but you can only tell when you stand in it. It is now leaking under the shower. It could eventually cause problems. I am not sure who did the damage but it was a perfectly working, new shower when I started Airbnb. What would you do?