Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Reservations for 1 year's time not allowing guest to book. ??

Val118
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Reservations for 1 year's time not allowing guest to book. ??

My current guest would like to book my place again for next June but the calendar on my page only offers bookings through next May.

Any way around this glitch?

Thanks!

8 Replies 8
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Val118 it is not a glitch, one year in advance is the most you can set up. Let him know that he needs to wait until the days he wants to book pass this June and they will open up for next year and he can book. You can also select "all future dates" but I wouldn't recommend this, you never know what might happen and if you would want to host at that price or under those conditions. Just tell him to wait a few days and he can book. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ana1136 

It's decided by the booking window setting, which can be set to more then 12 months.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Emiel1 yes but would she want to host under the same conditions 18 months from now? You can choose max 12 months or unlimited.. how can any of us plan that far ahead. 

Emiel1
Level 10

@Ana1136 

Hi Ana,

That's her decision and risk to take, but as also mentioned by you, it should not be called "a glitch".

Emiel1
Level 10

@Val118 

Extend your booking window.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Val118 

hope you are well.

one years time is very far away. 

Maybe set your booking window to 1 year but this is high risk and maybe block of in advance those June 2020 dates for that person and ask them to contact you for when they would like to book and reopen! Personally this is very high risk but I suppose you know your business and schedule better than I do. 

Hope it all works out! 

Yadira 🙂

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You simply go to the specific dates in your calendar, @Val118, unblock them and tell the would-be guest to book them. This only unblocks those dates, not any other. 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Val118 

Check the price you allowed for June of 2020  just in case you’re caught out.