Response Rate

Marius-And-Rochelle0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Response Rate

So I received a request for a booking at 11pm. As it was late at night I responded with a few hours when I saw it. I could not confirm or decline the booking however as they mentioned bringing her baby "yorkie" and as we do not usually allow pets or babies I wanted clarity on what or who she was bringing in order to make a decision. In 16 hours since the initial booking request she has not responded and the response rate clock IS STILL TICKING even though I DID respond but just did not accept or decline. The response rate clock is now at 8 hours to respond and yet I have responded, just not confirmed or declined.  

What do I do? Just ACCEPT and then perhaps have an additional baby or dog that we don;t usually accept, or DECLINE and lose a potential booking?

Shouldn't the response rate clock stop when you actually respond?

1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Marius-And-Rochelle0,

As you accept neither babies or pets I would decline the reservation. There are reasons you say you don't accept either, no matter how well behaved the guest says they are.

The article below does say that sending a message counts as a response but it may be that Airbnb has changed the response time calculation without having updated their help articles.

Waht is response rate and how is it calculated?

Steve.