Response rate as measured by Airbnb

A-0
Level 1
Austin, TX

Response rate as measured by Airbnb

Hi Airbnb Community! I hope you are all well!   My inquiry  is....How to fix a problem with the Airbnb text response option: The Airbnb website doesn't count my text responses (through the Airbnb messaging system) toward my response rate. 😞   You can get the messages as a text to your phone, then respond from that text.  I am trying super hard to be a superhost and should be by now (I think). 🙂  When I respond through the texting option, I can't then respond again from a computer, just for it to show up to Airbnb website to count it.  It's done.   But, it hurts my response rate. It doesn't count toward my response rate and Airbnb sends messages saying "please respond to your guest, your guest is still waiting" things like that.  But, via texting option, I've already responded quickly.  This has happened many, many times throughout the year.  Warmly, Jessica

1 Reply 1
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

@A - you will need to respond to the inquiry or request with an email or open your phone app where the calendar date is proposed and respond there. I found that the new text inquiries from Airbnb have a link embedded in the text mesage with a link to email. It works great.