Responsibility for depositing local taxes.

Responsibility for depositing local taxes.

Hi. I am Ajay from India. I did not have GST registration so far for my listing. Airbnb was deducting GST and depositing on my behalf. 

Now I am required to get a registration and pay GST myself. I want to know if Airbnb will transfer the GST amount also to my account in addition to the hosting charges.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

You might ask the registration office about their relationship with Airbnb. Many hosts use more than one website for finding guests, but if you only use Airbnb, you may be exempt from the payment. Most cities require licensing, but the ones with a relationship with Airbnb should not be double charging the licensee. My city tells me to report the number of bookings from all websites I use every 3 months, but to NOT add Airbnb bookings to my tax form at the end of the year when taxes are due. This prevents me from having to double pay those taxes.

Since airbnb has the deal with your city, they would be obligated to make the payment, so I seriously doubt that they would release the taxes to you.

Rio5
Level 1
Dubai, AE

Hello Ajay,

I also host on Airbnb but now its understood I need to have my own GSTIN number to report GST on my hosting as before Airbnb used to do it for me. My lawyer says she needs Airbnb agreement which I tried asking Airbnb but so far no response.

May I know if you managed to get your GSTIN and what documents you required, if you registered for GST.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Rio (Goa)