Reviews

Lhoumeau0
Level 1
Montrouge, France

Reviews

I received a bad review due to a bdig misunderstanding. My gust was looking for an empty apartment. I did my best to create more space for him. He let me 2* while I take care of that. Is there any way to manage  that ? I feel this is unfair...

3 Replies 3
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Lhoumeau0 were you offering an empty apartment in the first place? But either way there is nothing much you can do, that is his experience and Airbnb won't remove his review if it doesn't violate their T&C. You can answer on his review but only answer to the public part of it, don't mention anything he possibly said in a private feedback. Be short, factual and polite. 

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Lhoumeau0 It's not really possible to get reviews removed unless they contain something that can be proven to be untrue or they include insults/hate speech/other offensive language.

I would write a short and professional reply to his review to counter his comments.

I would say something like:

"Sorry to hear that your stay didn't meet your expecations. The apartment is my home, so I do leave some personal items on site, as shown in my listing. My place is fairly basic, but all my previous guests have enjoyed it, and I think my listing and photos are a fair representation of what to expect while staying with me. All the best for your future travels."

Remember that your response is written for the benefit of future guests and don't get defensive.

Also, I would consider updating your listing so it's a bit clearer that this is your home and your things are on site. I can see it's the case by your pictures, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to state it again in your description.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

People who rent an entire apartment don't expect it to be full of 'stuff'. That said, the photo of your bathroom paints a picture!