Revolut as Payout Method

Rudi9
Level 1
Kamnik, Slovenia

Revolut as Payout Method

I've been trying to add my Revolut account as a payout method and Airbnb is giving me some non descriptive error saying IBAN should not contain spaces and in fact it doesn't. 

Upon contacting Revolut they have an idea that Revolut might not be accepted since Revolut is not a real bank, however it holds somekind of Financial Service licence. Meaning I can receive salary on Revolut and other types of payments. Note that I can make bookings on Airbnb with Revolut however as a host I cannot add it as payout method.

I have my own unique EUR IBAN account and Revolut has its own SWIFT code so I don't see why this should not be possible. 

Has anyone tried adding Revolut as payout method? 

Is Airbnb accepting revolut for payout?

Thank you 

56 Replies 56
Green-Area-Apartments0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

You all need to add UK as your country. It won't work from any other country. Then you enter local English bank data.

If I put an UK bank, Airbnb will send me GBP but my guest will be chargein Euros... do I lost money in exchange rate when Airbnb send the money to my UK bank? 

Melanie481
Level 2
Málaga, Spain

Same as manu of you:

I am trying to use my Revolut account for payouts however the IBAN is not working because it says GBXXXX and my place is in Spain and guest pay in euros ... but still I am unable to add my payment method with Revolut eventhough that account has both currency ....
Is there anything that I can do to use Revolut?
Also, if I put Santander UK bank as my payment method.... can you please advise if I will loose exchange rate because my bank is in GBP and guests pays in euros?? Please advise.

did you guys manage to make it work with Revolut? 

Thank you

Paul1749
Level 1
Valea Adâncă, Romania

I can't book a property with my Revolut and Transferwise credit cards. Airbnb, are you stuck in the 80s?

Diandra8
Level 1
Saint Paul's Bay, Malta

Hi, same issue revolut not accepted, i tried paypal now but do not know how to transfer the money into the revolut card

George701
Level 1
Bucharest, Romania

Hello Everybody!

Why don't we ask directly on Airbnb?

If I have right information, also Paypal is not a bank, it is a system to transfer money.

So, they should accept also Revolut.

As I know, with Revolut you can accept any currency and they make changes in any currency you want.

Maybe an official answer from Airbnb can help.

Best regards!

Ana-Marija3
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

Hi, I tried to put Revolut as payout preference, but even though SWIFT and IBAN are recognized, Airbnb told me that its wrong country. I guess they still didn't set possibility as payout on Revolut. Also, the virtual card does not work. There is talk about having an account in local number. We'll see. Maybe that is what it's needed.

Carolina-and0
Level 1
Alicante, Spain

I am about to ask airbnb.

Why they did tell you?

did you ask them? is it possible?

Márton2
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

IT DOES WORK! juhu

so you have to make a United Kingdom accont with GBP on your revolut app, thats easy to add. Now, here on airbnb you need to add a new paying out or payment method and choose United Kingdom and forwards you can check your Revolut for your new account and the code. Maybe the for the land you can not choose the right one but doesnt matter 😉

Thats all folks:) 

Márton2
Level 1
Vienna, Austria

IT DOES WORK! juhu

so you have to make a United Kingdom accont with GBP on your revolut app, thats easy to add. Now, here on airbnb you need to add a new paying out or payment method and choose United Kingdom and forwards you can check your Revolut for your new account and the code. Maybe the for the land you can not choose the right one but doesnt matter 😉

Thats all folks:) 

Tomislav30
Level 1
Čakovec, Croatia

My Revolut card was refused (in 08/2019) because the property registered on Airbnb is in Croatia but the IBAN number is registered in Great Britain.

Hope they solve this issue.

Simon---Brenda0
Level 2
San Miguel de Allende, MX

Hi everyone, I have been also trying to set my Revolut account as a payout method but it does not work, I have 22 IBAN digits and only 21 are aloud and so on. Hope Airbnb makes it possible soon to have payouts on a Revolut account!! 

Oana25
Level 2
Panama

following this string

Jan8479
Level 1
Brno, CZ

Following.