Room price has gone down

Josephine7
Level 3
Canterbury, United Kingdom

Room price has gone down

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone else in the UK noticed bookings coming through today are at a lower room price than is set?  Just had an instant book for my double room which should be £60 gross, but has been decreased to £59.  Surely it can't be to do with the £ dropping after the EU referendum result??

3 Replies 3
Josephine7
Level 3

Well, I've just spoken to Airbnb who confirm it's because the £ has dropped today against the dollar.  Why they should need to convert when it's a UK guest payment to a UK host I have no idea - but they did say they'd reimburse me.  I can understand fees fluctuating with exchange rates but my room base price settings should be what I set them at!!

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

That does not make any sense whatsoever; regardless of flucation, you should still get whatever your base price is.

In you case it's a UK customer so the flucation does not even apply. Th eguest might get more for their money due to GBP drop but your base rate is set and must be paid by anyone booking. If Airbnb have held the money for a while and as a result of deflation the value has dropped,that can't be bassed to you. Liekwise if the GBP had inflated, ypu would still only get your base rate.

I'm glad you got it sorted and thank you for drawing attention to this hiccup, could easiy be missed but now we know to keep an eye open.

BW, Ama

Josephine7
Level 3

Thanks, Amaris - I've now had an email from Airbnb apologising and promising to reiumburse me - only £1 I know, but as you say, they should NOT change my base rate!