Summer rentals only - what about superhost status?

Jac5
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Summer rentals only - what about superhost status?

Hi,

I have a beachside property in Spain which only ever attracts summer rentals to families with children during the school hols. We do zero business between October and June.  I have worked hard and built up my hosting to superhost status this year  to find that it lasts for only 3 months and by the time my next guests start looking, my superhost status will have lapsed.  What can I do about this?  Obviously it saves everyone time to have a badge of trust.

Jac

5 Replies 5
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Jac5 Unfortunately you wouldn’t meet the minimum requirements for SH under those circumstances. No biggy - most guests have no clue what a “Super Host” is anyhow. 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Jac5

So long as you meet these requirements for the previous 12 months you will be a superhost in 3 months or 6 months or forever.

• Hosted at least 10 trips
  • Maintained a 90% response rate or higher
  • Received a 5-star review at least 80% of the time you’ve been reviewed, as long as at least half of the guests who stayed with you left a review
  • Completed each of your confirmed reservations without cancelling
Jac5
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Jeff, so does that mean that as long as I achieved it once in a year, the status carries forward to subsequent quarters? Jac

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Thats what it say's @Jac5

how-do-i-become-a-superhost

Jac5
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

It does seem that way.......I'll let you know 🙂