Terrible Help Centre Response - or lack of...

Maria2401
Level 2
Log Cabin, TX

Terrible Help Centre Response - or lack of...

Anyone else notice Airbnb is no longer supportive of hosts?   Used to be you would get a swift personal response... now its a silly bot and days and days of keeping a thread alive until someone half heartedly responds.  

Also had a guest today complain of the same when trying to book one of our properties for the first time using Airbnb.  We spent half an hour helping them via messages instead - don't really know what Airbnb does for the huge commissions it charges.  Seems chasing commission is the company's Number 1 Priority. 

4 Replies 4
Maria2401
Level 2
Log Cabin, TX

Just got this from the 'Help Centre' - what a joke!  Effectively hung up on me!  So much for having a freaking 'nice day'.  They just sent that and closed the thread!  Poor poor customer service.  Sort it out Airbnb!

Airbnb Support23:05
Thank you, I sincerely apologize for the support you have received

Maria 23:07

I haven't received any support - that's the point

Airbnb Support23:07
We are currently experiencing an unusual high volume of chats, your inquiry is already being hadled by another Support Ambassadr, you will receive further information as soon as they are available in the orifinal thread. Have a nice day
Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Maria2401,

I'm really sorry to hear about that experience.

Would you please be able to let me know what your case is about? If you don't feel comfortable sharing it here, you can also DM me.

Once I know a bit more about it, I'll inquire the Customer Support team to see if there are any updates on this.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Liv

Maria2401
Level 2
Log Cabin, TX

Hi Liv can you dm me plse

Elaine132
Level 1
Bynum, MT

Hi, any suggestions on getting Resolution MOVING on a situation.    I contacted customer support when I couldn't upload the photos of damages a guest did to my house - broken items, missing and extreme damage, burned exterior of the house and utter mess left.   It had to be treated as a Biohazard site due to fecal matter and vomitus all over the house.   I cannot upload into the guests area where one requests money - it just locks up.   So that's why I involved customer support.   ONE person helped me.  Steve (and he has a very thick accent) gave me an email to return info and pictures.   I sent 6 emails with pictures added to show the damages.   Since then I've gotten the royal run around.   Now today, after being told some one in another group would review and contact me by calling me (last week)   they say  "you didn't do what you needed to do"    I am a Super host, I've never had really bad eggs like this bunch was.   I am not enjoying the response that Airbnb is giving me either.   Any good suggestions on speaking to an english speaking person to get SOMETHING accomplished with them???   

Thanks for letting me rant.