Third party guest booking

Caryl0
Level 2
Delray Beach, FL

Third party guest booking

Hi.  I am new to hosting. I received my first booking and was very excited. A woman made the reservation and I accepted and later found it was for a visiting family member .  A male. Which is fine but now I am feeling weird bc he could have downloaded the app and done himself.  How do I know now if he is "safe" and no other agenda? 

11 Replies 11
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

The short answer is "you don't."

It's also important to add, Airbnb does NOT allow third-party bookings, which is what this is.  You can read Airbnb's help article here:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member

You are within your bounds to Contact Airbnb and have them cancel the reservation penalty-free or you can instruct the guest to have their family member create a profile, inquire to you, then you can ask Airbnb to transfer the reservation to this new person.

He is already here.  So I feel stuck.  I'm a single woman and my Boyfriend staying.  Wanted them to meet so he could "read" him.  Never came out of room either time.   The fact he is a computer guy and doesn't have app is now what is making me feel I cindy.  I'm so new to this I had no idea. Tried looking him up and just a small linked in.  If I give air the name 

Did you ask to see ID?

Don't be fearful.  Your boyfriend is staying with you through the night?  When does the guest leave.

It's going to be fine but you learned a lot.

Let us know when he's leaving and that your boyfriend will be with you at your house the entire time the guest is there.

Thank you.  I will ask today! He's here for 3 weeks. His family booked it.  They are verified he is not.  I wonder if I call air if they can run name thru system?  My last several people have been wonderful!! No more single guys here out. Couples and girls.  Have u taken single guys? 

@Caryl0  I accept single guys all the time (even before my husband and I got married) - most are totally harmless.  If he's just staying in his room, there shouldn't be anything to fear.

@Caryl0, I do take single men.

They're more afraid of me than I am of them.  😉

And you absolutely MUST change your profile photo.

Get a photo of you and your boyfriend together, look business-like and professional, and no sexy clothes or poses, limited make-up.  This isn't a dating site.

Not giving you grief for your personal choices but women need to start using their brains and taking steps to protect themselves at all costs.

I hope you take this in the spirit with which it is intended.

🙂

I tried to change it.  It took from a former Facebook pic .  Certainly don't want it to be sexy at all. And for sure not to date! 😉  I have a challenging time getting around on this.  How do I change? I went to edit and pressed pic and nothing ....  thank u for time and feedback!! 

Are you able to get to a laptop or desktop, @Caryl0? If so, the change might take, where it won't necessarily on your phone. Click on your photo at the top right corner of the page, then click Edit Profile, then Photos and Video, then follow the prompts to change the photo. 

Go to "Edit Profile".  You can do it from there!

I want to thank you all for taking time to help the "newbie"!!