Toxic guest reviews.

Peter365
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Toxic guest reviews.

Just had 2 toxic reviews from 2 separate guests who when I refused 1 to rebook and the othr I asked to leave,they were here at the same time. 

Their reviews were so toxic and inaccurate it has devastated me after 3+ years of hosting without ever having such a personal and destructive character slandering experience.

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Peter365  You have 200+ reviews and I would imagine most all are positive.  You responded to both negative reviews so I doubt that your success will be affected by these two.  Still, it must be very disturbing.  While reviews are allowed without censure by Air BNB, you could contact Air BNB and have them review the one from the long term guest to see if it violates the Air BNB Content Policy.

Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Peter365 I am guessing one of the toxic reviews is from Jose? I would suggest for you to contact airbnb about this. Though I am not sure how long ago was this review? I would think to call someone bipolar and schizophrenia is inappropriate and should not be allowed within the ABB guidelines.

Regarding the review you left for Darren "I assume their review will be from hell" does not really help you as a host and/or for future guests. I know that it can be REALLY frustrating when dealing with difficult people/ungrateful people/or the one who are not a good guest, but we still need to think about the long-term impact for our hosting experience. 

Best of luck.

Peter365
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Yes the toxic review was from José after he and the other toxic reviewer "Darren" were aware that I no longer wished to extend their stays following their behaviour interfering in the heating and fridgerator systems at my home whilst away.

i flew to Dublin on  Monday to show evidence to Airbnb Euro HQ of Darren's request to stay longer but avoid paying through Airbnb.

Despite my visit and meet with an Airbnb person,,,nothing done to remove Darren's review..

José s review was a direct result of my cancelling his stay despite giving2/3 weeks notice,and now items missing from my home,,

just had last minute ca

Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

@Peter365, I wonder if you're pricing yourself too low? Ironically the lower pricing seems to attract MORE difficult customers, it seems. You'll see a lot of discussion about this on this forum.  $33 a night for London??? hard to imagine!

Take heart and just let it go.... although I would follow up with AB on Jose's review with the namecalling etc.   Ironically one of only a very few 4 star reviews I've received was also from a Brazilian man, wonder if they are extra picky for some reason? 

Susie

PS I think those are famous musicians in your profile photo, but can't quite place them....?