*URGENT* US Corporate Escalations Phone Number Needed

Lynn69
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

*URGENT* US Corporate Escalations Phone Number Needed

After a horrendus guest stay and receiving relentless tech errors attempting to submit to the Resolution Center I called Airbnb Support requesting an alternative method to submit. 

It took an unnecessary 2+ hours on the phone until they offered to send an email to reply with my claim. 

While aware of my ordeal in part, left without any place to stay or money to pay, very concerned with my well being, along with with the amount of time consumed in attempt to submit my claim, the supervisor extended an offer to locate an immediate place to stay and Airbnb would pay. 

As I had already paid for a hotel for the night with the last of my money's, Airbnb was to contact me by morning but never did, neither in the afternoon or evening. 

When I finally was able to call Airbnb later that evening, I received one incompetent, arrogant, and or abusive rep or supervisor after another. Each was explained the situation, yet each knowing I relied on their offer and word instead, left me stranded on the cold streets to starve with not a care what could or would happen to me. This went on for 4+ hours! 

Exhausted and emotionally distraught over the ordeal with Airbnb phone calls, now worse than the stay itself, I turned to email yet none have been answered. I also turned to Twitter receiving not only evasive responses, but had my privacy breached in their tweets. 

These are contracted call centers with no concern for liability, let alone human life. By their actions or lack their of, they wish me dead. 

This is a matter for Airbnb corporate offices, immediately,  not an irresponsible call center, and before the worse happens. 

As you see I am out of time. So how does one know how to get through to the required entities, or have the number to Airbnb US Corporate Escalations aka Office of the President, or better? 

Your help and sensitivity in this matter is appreciated. 
69 Replies 69
CarlandDiane0
Level 10
San Marcos, TX

@Lynn69, well this sucks.  Sorry to hear of your troubles.

The corporate number for Airbnb is (415) 800-5959.  That gets you to the company's HQ in SF.

Ask for Chip Conley, who heads up hospitality and strategy. They won't get you to him, but try to work your way toward someone in his group who can help you resolve this, as the support line has been unhelpful. 

I can't find a name for whoever heads up customer service, which also would be a good avenue.

Meanwhile, I have some other suggestions.

1. Try emailing Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky and Chip Conley directly, and both at the same time (when more than one exec is listed in a disribution, someone is more prone to hit the FORWARD button and tell an underling to take care of it, and that's what you want).  In 2011, Chesky offered his contact address in a contributed article as brian.chesky@airbnb.com  I've also seen his email address cited as brian@airbnb.com.  Try both addresses at once and hopefully one will hit. Go with both formats for Chip Conley: chip@airbnb.com and chip.conley@airbnb.com
  2. Tweet directly at Airbnb CEO Brian Cheskey (@bchesky) and the company's head of hospitality and strategy Chip Conley (@ChipConley).
  3. Send a summary of your situation to press@airbnb.com and put as the subject of the message "STRANDED by Airbnb -- PLS HELP!."  Ask for help in escalating this. Tell then the last thing you want to do is tell your story to all those journalists just itching to write their own "When Airbnb goes horribly wrong" article.

Good luck. I like Airbnb, but it ain't perfect.

Carl and Diane

Thanks @CarlandDiane0 reached Chip Conley. The "SOS Escalations Team" is to contact me, waiting now over 3 hours. I've re-contacted Brian and Chip since explaining the to be only a refund they are negating responsibility and they are clueless and care less they have left me in the streets for dead.  Now, NO RESPONSE from anyone.

@Lynn69  Well, I'm glad you received a response but bummed it hasn't gone anywhere. Typically in larger organizations, when the boss's boss forwards an action item, employees mobilize to address it. This dynamic has worked for me in the past.

Reaching back out to Brian and Chip was the right thing.  The right tone is to sound appreciative of their assistance, but to advise them that you haven't heard from anyone yet, whch surprised you since the request came directly from them.

I do hope your situation is resolved quickly. Best of luck.

Carl and Diane

@CarlandDiane0

Much has happened but unfortunately what started towards resolution turned to a harassing abusive late night 2-hour phone call from Ian Watson, Director Customer [BAD]Experience who's only intent in contact was to defend his staff and negate responsibility.

This has continued for 12-days, consuming every waking hour. They clearly want the worst for me, left out unsafe on the cold streets without even a car, and knowing a rain storm is coming!

Chip Conley is on vacation til next year, still checking email, doubtful he will answer, why would he care. As for the same, Brian or Joe will never personally respond.

Any other ideas to save me?

Signed,

~totally distraught

How long had you booked for?

Have you been refunded?

David

What's relevant, Airbnb offered to cover costs incurred "they" caused, having receipts submitted twice-fold, then rescinded. Now at $1000, and they know this is all the money I have. If in a court, would be hundreds of thousands!

This is awful company ran by a libreal group that wants to get rich quick and does not care abut safety or time of the customers.    They are making our neighborhoods unsafe with all kinds of people going in and out they are unreaching asnd have a set of rules that only apply to them not the consumers or the city of zoning laws that have kids and others that are unsafe and using up time of our frist responders to take care of their problems they could careless about.....GET THEM OUT OF OUR CITIES!

@Lynn69I'm very sorry to hear this. Where are you? Are you traveling?

Please DM those questions for response.

Lynn, 

I’m sorry you have had a terrible time with Airbnb. We have too. We are 4 travel nurses in Wisconsin. Have had to deal with deal with customer service since we got here. Only one person has been helpful this entire stay. We will never do a long term rental again. I think they lie and quote different numbers making it confusing until I feel like you finally are so distraught that you give up and say ok. This has been absolutely terrible for us. I plan to let everyone know on social media.

Kathryn75
Level 10
Colorado, United States

That sounds about right. Sorry to hear this and I'm saddened to see how bad AirBnB has become. 

Lynn

Did you ever get any resolution on this?

@Lynn69 wrote:

Thanks @CarlandDiane0 reached Chip Conley. The "SOS Escalations Team" is to contact me, waiting now over 3 hours. I've re-contacted Brian and Chip since explaining the to be only a refund they are negating responsibility and they are clueless and care less they have left me in the streets for dead.  Now, NO RESPONSE from anyone.

It worked!!!  Thank you.  Over 10 emails were sesnt with the heading:  "HELP! Over $4500 stolen from me by Airbnb!"   That got their attention.

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH...

Susan Swenson

Hi Susan, was you’re experience as a guest or host? 

Im a host who had $1200 in damages and Airbnb is refusing to reimburse me. I’ve submitted time stamped photos, receipts, and estimates of damages.  They denied my claim due to it not being submitted before my next guests checked in (48 hours).