Une prison dorée ?

Mric0
Level 1
Langlade, France

Une prison dorée ?

Bonjour,

je reserve souvent sur Airbnb, et tout se passe souvent très bien ...
J'ai reservé il y a peu un logement Airbnb, sans vraiment regarder le règlement de cette hôte.

C'est une grande villa qui peut acceuillir normalement 8 à 10 personnes, 

nous l'avons reservé pour 4 (2 enfants et 2 adultes), l'hôte nous interdit formellement que nos amis viennent nous visiter, 

voire mange avec nous pour jouir pleinement de cette maison, il y aurait (d'après certains avis) des caméras installées pour vérifier les entrées sorties ...

Je trouve ça, un peu abusif ...

Qu'en pensez vous ?

On va dire que les règles sont les règles, mais franchement je suis un peu déçu (je n'y suis pas encore, mais c'est la première fois que je n'ai même pas envie d'aller passer un week end dans un Airbnb ...) 

3 Replies 3
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Mric0  Many hosts are very strict about unregistered guests visiting the property.  It mainly has to do with insurance, I suspect.  I don't mind it myself, as long as the extra people don't stay the night, using extra beds and towels and creating extra work for the housekeeper.   It's not clear to me if you have asked the host if you might have some friends over for lunch or dinner?  If you haven't, it couldn't hurt to ask, giving her the specifics - what day they'll be dropping by, what time, how many, etc.  Maybe she'll say yes - you never know.

@Mric0  The host's House Rules should be visible under the Policies tab on the listing.  During the booking process you're required to confirm that you have read and accept them. If the rules weren't suitable to your needs, you should not have booked that property in the first place. Even if this policy wasn't explicitly disclosed in the rules, you can assume it is default that a 4-person booking means only 4 people are being granted access to the property. If you want to be able to share your access with 4 additional people, you should book as a group of 8, and pay the additional charges.

Hosts are already accepting a lot of risk when they rent their property to strangers. Your booking contract does not give you a right to impose additional risks that they did not agree to by bringing unapproved people onto the property. And yes, every additional person is a risk for damage and liability, even if they're only supposedly visiting for lunch.

If you're certain that you won't be able to enjoy your holiday, perhaps it's best to cancel the booking.

Mric0
Level 1
Langlade, France

Some friends only for lunch ... 

I try to discuss with her, but she doesn't want, 

I tried to cancel (few month ago) but I had to pay the entire rent ... 

I know that I do a mistake to rent this villa 😞 
So ... I will be positive and try to enjoy this week end.