Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing

Answered!
Priya7
Level 1
Bellevue, WA

Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing

I have been trying to making a booking since yesterday. I started seeing this error "Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again."

Please help!

1 Best Answer
David6594
Level 2
Seattle, WA

I ran into the same problem and it drove me crazy for a while. I finally solved the problem by turning off WI-FI on my phone, logging out of air bnb app and logging back in. the problem was that the WI-FI network was unsecured and the air bnb app would not authenticate the connection. By forcing my phone to use cellular data, it was able to make a secure connection and all the problems went away.

View Best Answer in original post

49 Replies 49
Tamas9
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

hello

same problem yesterday, and the fee was charged 3 times in a row. Also, I didn't receive the reservation so now I have to reserve the accommodation again, ergo pay the cost fourth time.

my biggest problem is that, can't find any contact or proper platform to ask help and solve my issue,

do you have any experience with this?

thanks,

Tamas

Natan5
Level 1
Northbrook, IL

Hey **bleep**, you gotta use a third party app like Google Pay so that Airbnb doesnt flip out. Peace!

Jenna110
Level 1
Dallas, TX

I had this message pop up on Google Chrome and when I switched to a different browser (Internet Explorer), it went through for me!

Alexander535
Level 1
Cheboksary, Russia

Hello,

I had the same problem. I tried to call to the bank support, they say they receive no income requests, so the problem is probably on the Airbnb side. Then after almost a day of talking to Airbnb support and trying every possible way of paying for the reservation, Airbnb tech support replied that:

this issue happens because of the bank security policiesThe bank-issuer of the card install this features as an insurance measure so that it secure you from suspicious operation from overseas.

So it's not about browser cache or software bugs. It's about banking security.

Possible solution #1: if you can (somehow) remotely connect to the computer, which is located in your home region - that might work out. For example, through a remote desktop.

Possible solution #2: contact someone from your family or trusted friend who stayed in your home region and ask him to make the payment (though you'll have to tell him your card details).

Your bank network system will think that the operation is performed from the place where you normally live and where you received this credit card.

Possible solution #3: or either try to contact your bank support to help you.

doenst work with paypal either, nothing to do with bank

+1 to this, I have added literally every payment option available that I have after speaking to all my different banks & ensuring nothing is work or blocking things- Paypal, Google Pay, AMEX, Visa, Mastercard. None of these is the issue - it randomly worked with the original account I had linked without any changes, then a few hours later it doesn't even let me into the screen to select a payment. 

Ramsharan0
Level 2
Chennai, India

I too face the same issue for the past 2 days. Is there anyway to fix it?

Mohammed94
Level 1
Bengaluru, India

this is such a common error now that i see that many are having it ..

I have been trying for more than 4 days and stuck with this same error ..

@Airbnb2 : here is my booking reference: **

please let meknow how i should make a payment  . My travel card is loaded and active

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Allie49
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Having the same error pop up but I haven't even gotten to the payment page. I simply click "request to book" and up pops this error. I'm traveling in the next few weeks and need to be able to book a place. 

What can be done? I've switched browsers, checked my wifi, and emptied my cache. No charges have been placed on my bank.

I reached out to the help desk but no response yet. 

Allie

Roshan-Zameer0
Level 1
Hyderabad, India

Hello,

I'm getting below error message when trying to complete the payment.

Let’s try that again
Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again.

Please look into this issue and provide an update asap.

Dylan53
Level 1
Adelaide, Australia

hey can u AIRBNB look into this issue soometime this century?

I am experiencing the same issue from the host side on 21-05-2021 .  My calendar is blocked.

+1 to @Airbnb , I don't get what the delay is here - these comments go from 2017 through today in 2022 and no resolution? I've been dealing with this for 3 days and in a different country - no action from "support" and I just keep getting the run around- nothing wrong with any accounts, I'm actively using them everywhere else with no issue!

Shontelle0
Level 1
Halifax, Canada

Hi Guys,

Was there ever a solution to this problem? I'm getting the same error and it's definitely not an issue with my bank. The first payment was processed without any issues but now the second payment is showing an error and it's saying my reservation will be cancelled at the end of this week if they are unable to process the payment and my vacation is scheduled for next week.

@Airbnb 

Shontelle0
Level 1
Halifax, Canada

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to follow up on this thread. I reached out to Airbnb and they were able to look into my account, pull up the reservation and run the payment. Here's the link to the support chat

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact_us/topic

Follow the directions based on your needs, Payments - Trouble Making Payments - I still need help -  For Message Us, I just entered a quick blurb in "What Else should we Know section" and it connected me to live support.

Good Luck!