Unjustified Review

Bo-and-Richelle0
Level 1
Fredericksburg, TX

Unjustified Review

I have 1 review that dropped my overall rating.  The review was due to the fact that the guest did not read our description, I guess, because what they did not like, was described in my description.  Our Airbnb is a studio type apartment and even though there is a wall between the bath and rest of the room there is no door and there is only a tub not shower.  All of which I listed in my description but that was their complaint. Is there any way to remove it if Airbnb can read my description and know that the docked review was simply an uneducated guest?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

@Bo-and-Richelle0 - Unless the review is completely fabicated, the review will stand.  It's about the perception of the guest, real or imaginary.   There is nothing you can do except write a simple, professional response to their comments.  We had a guest to publicly annouced there were "no" A/C vents in their room which, while a LIE, Airbnb let it stand because it was the guest's "perspective".  

Antonietta1
Level 2
South Australia, Australia

I just got 4 stars in amenities by a woman who expected a cooktop in the bedroom even though there was no way that was in the description.  There is a microwave and fridge, kettle and toaster.  I made dinner for her both nights she was here.  

I have changed the description so there is now absolutely no misunderstanding.  

What if guests keep having poor expectations ie. not reading the description and expecting something different? What if this keeps lowing the rating? How can a host keep from getting suspended? What's the point of a description if it can't in part protect the host?