Website is not loading properly

Jessica1104
Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT

Website is not loading properly

The Airbnb website does not load properly on any web browser I open it on. I have cleared cache/cookies/data and that does not fix it; I am also running all current and updated versions of google chrome, firefox, safari.Airbnb website issue.JPG

51 Replies 51
Leah245
Level 2
Massachusetts, United States

What is so funny, is that everytime I call Airbnb and tell them about this issue --- they all say no one has complained about this!  Clearly this is a huge problem.  I cleared my cookies, cache, extensions and the details of my guest's reservation will not fully load.  I am trying to modify a guest's reservation and they have been waiting over two weeks for me to do it!  This is so frustrating.  Why hasn't Airbnb responded at all?

Stacey147
Level 9
Surprise, AZ

I've been having similar issues for the last several months...my Chrome browser on my laptop shows the menus of the phone app. (not the website) Was told to clear cache, cookies, etc but it had no effect in fixing the problem. Was told to use Firefox or some other web browser. Isn't Chrome their recommended browser??  Was even told to uninstall and then reinstall Chrome. (PITA) Still no change.

Many hosts on the forums have been mentioning that their listing views are lower than in the past and that bookings seem to be wayyyyy down. I have to wonder if these technical issues are driving guests to book on some other platform because they can't get the page to load properly.   😕 Something is happening behind the scenes in airbnb coding and it's not good! 

-Stacey
Lucy599
Level 1
Chelmsford, GB

I’m also having trouble, last night and today, the website loads but soon as I put dates in or search it just comes up blank.

its been playing up for a good few days now. 

Michelle2186
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

Ok, yes, now that I'm on Windows 10 I'm having the same problem. I've actually been avoiding Airbnb because I thought the site was hacked. 

Zack112
Level 1
Fullerton, CA

I paused the Drumpfinator extension and the website loaded correctly.

Adrian-and-Marina0
Level 1
Nyon, Switzerland

I also had this problem recently with the AirBnB website & Chrome.

Resetting the Chrome settings to default, as described in this link, sorted it our for me:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

For me it was the "Drumpfinator" extension. Like other's have said, turn on and off extensions one at a time until you find the culprit. 

Nathan1815
Level 1
Los Gatos, CA

Same problem here and have had it for a year or more - not sure when it started. Reading through this thread was helpful though. It turned out all I had to do was disable the Drumpfinator extension. I had installed than on a whim during the 2016 primaries planning to remove it when he lost. But he didn't so I've enjoyed it until now. But AirBnb is more important that that extension so I've removed it and all is well.

Julie3334
Level 2
West Coast, NZ

I find when I load the airbnb website on my laptop (I use safari)  nothing works for me as a host. Its been like this for a week. Are there any suggestions please. I have tried Airbnb help desk, but still no luck with getting this problem resolved.

Same for me on Safari on El Capitan, admittedly an older browser version but it used to work. No extensions loaded but I still can't get the site to load fully so that I can log in. Weirdly the same problem remains on private tabs. I've cleared cookies etc and logged out of my Google account too. Bloody frustrating.

David6688
Level 1
Glendale, WI

I went to extensions and decided to try disabling extensions one at a time.  I disabled the "Drumpfinator" extension (From John Oliver) and now the AirBnB site works fine.

Ken1921
Level 2
Maple Ridge, CA

I have the same problem.  I use an iMac with Safari as my browser.  I have gone through all the suggested "fixes", cleared cache, cookies, history, all extensions are off, logged out of Google, etc etc,etc. The site loads to the logo page and then there is no where else to go.  On my iPad , I used safari ( not the app which works fine) and have the same problem.  back on my desktop, I used Chrome and was successful.  I copied and pasted the URL from Chriome into Safari, and same issue, the page loads partially. 

So, I'm leaning towards an issue with Safari & Air BnB  ( all other websites load just fine with Safari)

Same problem here as everyone else. Never has this problem until very recently.Terrible situation for hosts as they will be losing business. 

Go to chrome://extensions/ and disable all your extensions. The site was loading fine for me after that. Then I enabled the extensions 1 by 1, reloading airbnb.com in between, to find the culprit.

In my case, Drumpfinator was the culprit. 

Anyone using firefox having issues - DUCKDUCKGO could be it.

Using Firefox airbnb just quit functioning on me all of a sudden in the middle of setting up a new listing. Total shut down.

Opening page would load, but no input would work, be it guest or host, not even login. Just an infinite spinning wheel.....

Spent half a day cleaning resetting reformatting hardware software wifi etc. NOTHING worked.

Then tried different browser: Safari opened, no problems at all. (Never use Safari so it is 'factory setting'.)

Found this thread. Went into Firefox extensions.

The only one I have/had is 'duckduckgo'.

Disabled and there is was, Airbnb returned to full functionality.