What kind of matress for the beds?

What kind of matress for the beds?

I have been listing on airbnb for some years how and have a total of 17 listings. Recently i have been upgrading my listings beds with new materasses. I bought orthopedic ones with springs and extra foam on top , a more expensive hard materass. however i have been recieving negative riviews that the beds are too hard. One guest even left for the hotel.. So my question is. For hosting what is the preferrred type of materass?? Soft or hard? Romance friendly spring or foam? I know this is a very tricky question... But what is the general consensus among hosts? I had a choice from these from a locla manufacturer, 1 is the cheapest and 6 the most expednsive.   1 chose the 4th one.. 

1. COSY CAT – Ecomony
  2. ROMANCE – Semi Orthopaedic
  3. SANTOS – Semi Orthopaedic Firm
  4. Hypnos Deluxe – Orthopaedic
  5. Hypnos Imperial Sleep – Fully Orthopaedic
  6. Hypnos Pocket Spring
3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Victor140

I don't know for others but I prefer soft mattrasses. Logical,  thin people like soft and bigger people like more firm, hard mattrasses.

Some stores would let you change the mattrass you bought if it doesn't suites you, worth trying if you still have a bill.

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

Hi, @Victor140, You could also think about getting a high-quality mattress topper. They offer quilted ones, and are quite nice. It could make a good barrier between the harder mattress and the guest.

Aaron112
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Personally, I think a medium memory foam mattress is the way to go. It offers the broadest of appeal, and offering memory foam sounds great in listings. We got a $500 queen sized memory foam that has gotten nothing but positive feedback in reviews.  This is the one we got :

https://airbnbhostshop.com/collections/best-memory-foam-mattress-for-short-term-rentals/products/que...