What should I do if my guest sexually assaults me?

Katarina66
Level 2
Subotica, Serbia

What should I do if my guest sexually assaults me?

My guest aproch to me in the kitchen when I was siting on chair by the table and put his hands on my sholder and start to massage me and ofering me a late night massage. I was sacared so much. We share some places in house couz I rent a room. He will stay in my house till suterday. Can I report him to air bnb. Pleas help me.

8 Replies 8
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Katarina66I would be reporting him to Airbnb immediately and ask them to cancel the reservation without penalty to you. See https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/td-p/16165 on how to contact them. 

I am so sorry that happened to you: it sounds like a horrible situation. I hope that Airbnb acts swiftly to cancel the reservation. 

You can read about Airbnb's violence and sexual assult policies at https://www.airbnb.ca/trust/standards. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What a terrible experience @Katarina66 . Go and meet (preferably a large male) friend and call Airbnb while you are out. Ask them to cancel the booking and ask the guest to leave. 

Have your friend with you while the guest leaves - make sure you take the keys.

Ava30
Level 10
Eureka, CA

@Katarina66I feel so bad that you were scared. NEVER let anyone put their hands on you without permission! If they do so without your prior consent tell them to STOP in no uncertain terms. If he frightens you so much that you are afraid to tell him to stop, move away, leave the area, call a friend or the police even if you are that scared. Definitly call ABB and tell them to cancel and rehome the guest because he makes you feel unsafe and uncomfortable, be concise! like @Helen3 , get a friend to stay with you if you need to be on site. Good Luck!

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Katarina66 , will you write again to let us know you are okay after you have followed everyone's advice?

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Katarina66 Definitely call AirBnb immediately and ask the rep to cancel his reservation without refund. And call 911 if he intends to do it again.

Katarina66
Level 2
Subotica, Serbia

Ty all for your help. I am avinding the guest. I dont go out from my room when he is at hom. He will leave in suterday. He have wife and son but his wife is at another place and his son sleep here sometimes. I wii write to airbnb to ask them to block him so he will not be able to come to my home again. It is so unpleasnt situatin for me. 

@Katarina66You can block him when you write your review: give him less than 3 stars and don't recommend him as a guest. I would also consider flagging his profile and letting Airbnb know what happened. This should not have happened to you, and it should not happen to other hosts either. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Katarina66 

You can block him yourself (see Airbnb Help Centre for details).

To be honest in your situation I would not want someone staying in my place for one minute longer than necessary who behaved inappropriately.

It doesn't matter if his son stays at your place sometimes. You shouldn't have to sneak around in your own home.

It mentions in your reviews that your children are there also. In your situation, I would be asking Airbnb to remove him from your home. It is not appropriate for this man to put his hands on you and try and give you a massage without your permission.