What standard of chair/desk/table comfort is expected to be considered business traveller ready?

Andrew657
Level 1
Cairns City, Australia

What standard of chair/desk/table comfort is expected to be considered business traveller ready?

Hi,

I have a coffee table and comfortable chairs aswell as kitchen table and chairs and am unsure if this is adequate for the AirBnB business traveller checkbox question for Hosts and business guests nowdays. I would have no problem working that way .... bu not sure if there is a well defined standard or expectation for this laptop area. Does anybody have any knowledge or experience of this please?

P.S I do have a suitable space for a small desk and office chair if required.

3 Replies 3

@Andrew657

I have not personally seen any specifications with regards to what minimum standard you should provide....however I would ensure that the working area is "close" to the internet router or at least that the wifi signal is good as most business/working needs require that as a must. A photo of your kitchen table and/or laptop seating area with some writing underneath each photo indicating that it could be used for working on would at least give potential business guests a clear idea of what your working area is like and as such give them the choice of deciding if it was suitable for their needs or not. One persons business needs maybe just answering emails and talking on the mobile phone...another person may need a lot more space to spread out papers,books,folders etc. On the couple of occasions where I have had guests ask specifically about working areas they have also asked if I had wine glasses and would I mind if they had a business meeting with a potential client.

Andrew657
Level 1
Cairns City, Australia

Thanks Mike I'll do that / that's  great approach. I just need to take a couple more pictures to add with their lables and will double-check the wifi coverage when next between guests 🙂

Mildred6
Level 4
Quito, Ecuador

Hi,

In order to get more bookings in my listing, I decided to add a  hand made desk with space for a laptop and an excellent chair that's comfortable to work in. Also I payed for a higher speed for wifi. My question to you: does anyone tried doing this and have got more bookings? And how high is your internet speed?   Thanks.